School Travel Plan:
At St. Wilfrid's we have an active school travel plan! we are very proud of the work we have covered so far to help our children travel to and from school safely.
What have we achieved:
- A cycle rack for children to lock up their bikes on the school premises
- a scooter rack on the playground for those who like to scoot to school!
- we take part in the WOW (walk once a week) scheme to encourage our families to walk to school.
- we entered a local competition to find better ways to travel to school.
- we have a new sign to encourage our families to park safely at the front of the school.
- secured £250 funding from Sussex Police to purchase High Visability jackets for the walking bus.
- completed a questionnaire to find out why families prefer to use their car and views on walking to school.
- completed a map of Angmering village to see how far away from the school our families live.
What we are hoping to achieve:
- summer term 2017 scooter club for lunchtime.
- skipping club for lunchtime.
- walking tour of Angmering Village after school.
- walking bus to school to trial in June.
- Eco Warriors to issue tickets for parents who park on the Zig Zag lines.
- complete actions from the plan.
- regular meetings for the travel group.
- new scooter pods and cycle shed moved for new classrooms.