School Travel Plan:
At St. Wilfrid's we have an active school travel plan! we are very proud of the work we have covered so far to help our children travel to and from school safely.
What have we achieved:
- Cycle shed relocated and repaired for children to lock up their bikes on the school premises.
- 2 new scooter racks on the playground for those who like to scoot to school!
- we take part in the WOW (walk once a week) scheme to encourage our families to walk to school.
- we entered a local competition to find better ways to travel to school.
- we have a new sign to encourage our families to park safely at the front of the school.
- secured £250 funding from Sussex Police to purchase High Visability jackets for the walking bus.
- completed a questionnaire to find out why families prefer to use their car and views on walking to school.
- completed a map of Angmering village to see how far away from the school our families live.
- we completed a walking bus in June 2017.
- we had a skip and scooter lunchtime club.
- we completed a traffic survey and parking survey outside our school.
- we went on a walking tour of the village.
- Electronic gate installed by the graveyard entrance.
What we are hoping to achieve Academic Year 2017/18:
- continue our scooter club.
- Continue our skipping club for lunchtime
- Walking bus to be maintained.
- Lollipop training.
- Junior road officer training.
- Footsteps training for reception children.
- Bling your bike day!
- Police safety talk to the children.
- Introduce the travel plan for new parents
- Include travel plan in new school prospectus.
- Inter-house bike/scooter challenges.
- Walking reward scheme.
- Family learning day.
- Road safety assembly.
- Travel plan banner and display in the playground.